What on Earth is the Polar Vortex ?
If you live in the Western US or in the UK you saw some freak weather recently. The Polar Vortex is freezing air coming from the North Pole plummeting the temperatures to extreme levels and making people feel like they are in the deep freeze. According to Wikipedia the polar vortex is also know as the Arctic Cyclone and is a large scale cyclone found normally in the poles. You can check out the polar vortex details here .
It reminds me of the blockbuster movie The Day After Tomorrow with Jake Gyllenahaal.
What on Earth is it then?
It is a polar cyclone normally spinning counterclockwise high in the atmosphere above the poles which has now descended lower and is affecting nearly 150 million people in America and in the north of England, Scotland and Ireland.
Is it here to stay for long?
The Polar Vortex lasts longer than a usual storm and it can bring seriously low temperatures. The UK was affected by a Polar Vortex in March 2013 bringing the lowest temperatures of the last half century. Global warming is linked directly because the arctic ice melts away which affects the jet stream high in the atmosphere which in turn causes freaky weather to become more frequent.
- February 24, 2014Jungle Gold George Wright Risks Life for Just $3,000!
- December 5, 2013Paul Walker Crash Video
- January 14, 2014iPhone 5s or Samsung Galaxy S4?
- December 20, 2013Target Stores become the Target!
- January 23, 2014Howard Klein is Arnold Schwarzenegger
- November 29, 2013Black Friday Sale with Stabbing & Fights in Walmart Stores in America
- April 8, 2014How a $748 IKEA bill Can Help Your Business
- December 12, 2013Godzilla 2014 – Trailer and Cast
- June 10, 2014Newbie Makes Money Online with MTTB
- February 25, 2014Are YOU Impressed by Samsung Galaxy S5?
- June 25, 2014My interview with a new Marketer
- February 20, 2014How Phone Follow-up Can Transform the Profitability of Your Business